Helping You Live Your Very Best Life
Every year we have more than 4000 new referrals from people affected by epilepsy who were seeking support. There are many different ways you can take advantage and benefit from our many services. We know that at times epilepsy can be a frustrating and isolating condition to deal with but you don’t have to manage it alone.
Our highly skilled Nurse Educators and Service Consultants assist thousands of children, adults and their families accept and adjust to a life with epilepsy.
We provide up-to-date and easy to understand information on the condition and related topics as well as support services tailored to individual needs including:
- Online Tools and Resources – Online Seizure Management Plans, seizure diary and medication management apps; educational materials and courses, first aid videos and a digital ‘MediKidz’ comic book or animation for children. You can also discuss SUDEP with one of our epilepsy nurses or your doctor using the SUDEP and Seizure Safety Checklist
- Online Communities – Connect with others through our many online forums and websites tailored to different age-groups and circumstances
- Education and Training – We can provide epilepsy awareness and seizure first aid training. Training is provided onsite, via webinar or online and can be tailored to meet individual needs. Education and training can include:
- an Online Academy for individual self-paced learning
- group training for schools, disability organisations and the community
- workshops, seminars and webinars tailored to specific needs
- emergency medication training.
- First Aid Posters and Videos
- Epilepsy Products – Find information and where to go for seizure monitors and wearable technology designed to help keep you safe and alert others when you need assistance
Our aim is to deliver services that increase epilepsy awareness, understanding, knowledge and skills to assist people living with epilepsy across Australia have the best quality of life possible.
Epilepsy Action has been providing our services for almost 70 years and we can be there with support for you when you need it. Some of our main areas of support and resourcing include the following:
An Australian-first telephone and email service to support people living with epilepsy and their families. The National Epilepsy Line is available from 9am to 5pm seven days a week in all Australian states and territories by calling 1300 EPILEPSY (37 45 37).
Become a seizure certified school. Every school has a duty of care to provide a safe learning environment, and to ensure they meet the needs of every student.
Seizure Smart Schools is designed to increase awareness and knowledge about epilepsy and ensures that Seizure Management Plans are developed for all students that live with epilepsy
You may need written information, seizure management plans, medication advice, or sometimes just want to speak to a friendly voice who will understand what you are going through. That is what we are here for.
We represent the interests of those affected by epilepsy by advocating and lobbying the Australian Government for improvements in employment, education, health, transport, discrimination and other important issues. Epilepsy Action also provides a consultancy service to businesses and organisations that provide services to or work with people living with epilepsy.
There are certain standards that you have the right to expect from Epilepsy Action, and at the same time, as our client you have certain responsibilities to ensure your service is as effective as possible. Read more.
Call one of our friendly customer service consultants now on 1300 37 45 37 (1300 EPILEPSY) and have a chat to us about your situation and the sort of assistance you would like. We are here to help.