ARE YOU A CERTIFIED SEIZURE SMART SCHOOL?
EPILEPSY ACTION IS OFFERING A PURPLE DAY SPECIAL
10% DISCOUNT FOR EPILEPSY ESSENTIALS
Three simple steps to become a certified Seizure Smart School
- Teachers and support staff trained in epilepsy awareness
- Have seizure management plans in place for all students with epilepsy
- Hold a Purple Day fundraiser through our website
Seizures present in many ways, with over 40 different types of epilepsy and epilepsy syndromes.
- Would your school recognise a seizure if it presented itself in a different form?
- In an average school of 500 students 4-5 children could be living with Epilepsy.
- Would you know what to do if one of your students had a seizure?
In 2016-2017, 72,000 people were hospitalised for Epilepsy, more than half of all hospitalisations were preventable had there been a trained person close by to assist with the seizure.
One school in September 2018, believed they had only one child with epilepsy. On further investigation they found that they had SIX children and ONE teacher with a history of seizures. It is important to be a seizure smart school as Epilepsy covers all ages, most commonly diagnosed are those under 20 years old.
American Academy of Neurology http://n.neurology.org/content/61/1/64/tab-figures-data
DON’T BE THE SCHOOL WITHOUT THIS VITAL AND SIMPLE FIRST AID KNOWLEDGE.
MEET YOUR ‘DUTY OF CARE’ TO STUDENTS WITH TRAINED CERTIFIED STAFF.
Training is easy:
One-hour training across three delivery options and each receive a certificate on successful test completion. NB: NSW Schools also receive NESA recognition with our Courses
- Online Course $40 per person
- Online Webinar with an Epilepsy Trainer $45.00 per person (minimum 10 participants)
- Onsite Face to Face with a qualified trainer pending availability $55.00 per person (minimum 10 participants)
The Purple day special provides a 10% discount off invoice value. To be eligible to claim the 10% discount, your fundraising event must also be planned for Purple Day on 26th March 2019 but training can be completed at timing convenient to you and your staff.
Claim your discount!
Call 1300 374537 or email [email protected] to negotiate a rate for groups greater than 20 participants; or use the registration form below and we’ll be in contact shortly.
Core Education courses
|The course covers information about epilepsy and seizures, including descriptions and videos of different seizure types, as well as seizure first aid and management strategies. For groups, this can also be completed via webinar or an onsite session that takes approximately an hour. Email [email protected] for
|You will learn about common emergency
medications used for seizures; why it is used; how to manage seizure emergencies; your responsibilities during the process; and how to administer the medication in a safe and timely manner. This includes practical competency assessment of participants in the administration of emergency medication for seizures. For groups, this can also be completed via webinar or an onsite session that takes two hours. Email [email protected] for more information.