We have resources specifically designed for young people with epilepsy.
Equip is a self-paced online tool to help young people with epilepsy cope with the psychological, social and lifestyle changes of living with epilepsy.
There is information about issues such as drugs and alcohol, dating and relationships, telling others about it, and more.
- Comprehensive source of information – with a voice-over if needed
- Addresses issues faced by youth living with epilepsy
- Provide strategies to tackle issues during transition from childhood to adulthood
- Hear others share their experiences
To go to Equip click here
You will need to create a login first.
rEaction is an online resource targeted at youth, with and without epilepsy, to better understand the condition. It is a good one to refer friends to so they can have a better grasp on the impact it can have. Issues covered include epilepsy and:
- alcohol and drugs
- fatigue, lack of sleep, stress
- birth control
- playing sport, driving
- study and school
Go to rEaction click here.
Epilepsy Action Australia have a Facebook group specifically for young people. It is a private group so you will need to contact us [email protected] to find out more.