About Epilepsy Action Australia
- Epilepsy Action Australia undertakes research and advocacy, and delivers innovative, high quality service across Australia to optimise life outcomes for people with epilepsy.
- Our vision is optimal living for all people with epilepsy.
- Our team of highly qualified service co-ordinators, registered nurses and educators is equipped with a rich base of technical expertise, built up during six decades of services to the community.
- Services include individual programs, community and professional education, information, referral and consultancy.
- Epilepsy Action Australia is the trading name for the company named Epilepsy Association.
How to contact Epilepsy Action Australia
- 1300 EPILEPSY (37 45 37) for the cost of a local call
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.epilepsy.org.au
- National Office: Suite 8, 44-46 Oxford Street, Epping NSW 2121
- Postal address: PO Box 879, EPPING NSW 1710
- Epilepsy Action Australia page on www.facebook.com
Our income and how it is used
- Our income is generated through generous community support from individuals, trusts, foundations and businesses plus a small amount from government.
- Epilepsy Action Australia needs around $7.4 million a year to keep providing our current level of services. In future more income will be needed as we expand our services to meet growing demand.
- All proceeds from our fundraising activities go towards delivering services to people with epilepsy or other seizure disorders.
When was Epilepsy Action Australia founded?
Epilepsy Action Australia was established in 1952 by agroup of concerned parents and interested persons. Their aim was to provide support and improve public understanding of epilepsy.